Ways to Use our Site
- Add our Where You Live Matters logo to your website’s footer, partners section, or about us page.
- Share links to our resource checklists, infographics and videos within your blog/editorial content. You can also externally link to our resource articles when sharing facts or providing users with more details on certain topics. We’ are always creating new resources, expert articles, and industry research so be sure to check our website often. To get started, here are some resources we think you’ll find useful:
Safely Linking to Content
Adding a link to Where You Live Matters improves your website’s link profile and will NOT direct users off your website or negatively impact your SEO traffic when done correctly. Instead, when users click on our link, a new window opens, allowing users to access information while keeping them on your website.
Here’s how to link:
- Login to Your Website Builder or CMS.
- Navigate to the page where you want to edit and add a link.
- Select the text or image you want to link. Get our logo here.
- Find the add a link option (sometimes represented by an icon that looks like a chain).
- Enter the full external URL that you want to link to.
- Choose the “Open in a New Tab” open. This setting will ensure that the link opens in a new tab and keeps your website open for users.
- Save, Update and Publish the Page. Be sure to preview the page to ensure the changes work as intended.