If you need a little inspiration for how to make Mom feel special on Mother’s Day, we’ve rounded up a few ideas to make gift-giving easy.
Gifts that Keep Giving
Monthly subscriptions are a simple way to make sure Mom can enjoy something new all year long:
- Consider subscriptions to her favorite magazines or to a book club.
- You can find all kinds of box subscriptions that ship a curated collection of surprises each month. You can choose based on her interests – from crafts to cooking, wellness to wines, even items for her beloved pet. Check out Cratejoy or Hello Subscription.
Make New Memories
Experiences are wonderful gifts, especially when you can make new family memories together:
- Get tickets to a local play, opera, ballet or concert. Dress up, have a nice dinner, and make a night of it.
- Take her to her favorite museum, or get tickets to a home game for her favorite team. (If they’re not playing yet, that’s OK. It will give her something fun to look forward to.)
- Explore the outdoors at the arboretum or botanical garden. Some local garden clubs offer spring tours of their Master Gardeners’ homes.
- If she has limited mobility, create a fun experience at home. Have in indoor picnic with the grandkids. Rent her favorite movie, and serve movie theater snacks. Or host a family game night, and play favorite board or card games.
This is a great way to spoil her a little bit with things she might not buy for herself:
- Fill a basket with luscious lotions and soaps to make her skin feel soft.
- Keep her cozy with a pretty blanket, soft robe, and/or comfy socks or slippers.
- Get her a spa treatment at a local salon.
- Set up a mother/daughter (or mother/son) manicure so you both get a little pampering.
Make it easy for Mom to reminisce and cherish family connections with these gifts:
- Give her a digital picture frame that offers an easy way to show off her favorite family pictures.
- Make a photo book that captures favorite family moments. Explore options at Shutterfly or Snapfish.
- Preserve the family’s home movies by having them digitized. Services at Costco or iMemories will create DVDs for you.
- Let her keep family close with some personalized jewelry. Get a family birthstone necklace with each family member’s birthstone embedded. Or visit an Etsy shop to have name stamp jewelry custom created just for you.
How do you celebrate Mother’s and Father’s Day with your aging parents? Leave us a comment, and we may share your answers on the blog.